Sunday, November 4, 2007

Jayne Mansfield's Holiday Wishes has just set up a nice Christmas themed Elvis site, and they have posted several Christmas cards Elvis received through the years. This one is my favorite and I thought I would post it here. Of the many books I have read on Elvis (and I have read a lot) and the couple on Jayne Mansfield I don't ever recall a story of them meeting. Apparently they did though, and here is a a lovely shot of Jayne and her family that popped up in the Graceland mailbox sometime in the sixties. Makes me want to get the egg-nog out early...head over to the above link to check out the other cards. They are lots of fun.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

That is such a cool card. I never knew that Elvis and Jayne knew each other, at least well enough to exchange Christmas cards. I adore Jayne Mansfield. Such a tragedy how her life ended.

Jose said...

just needed to point out: is that 'night moves' id picture from the gene hackman movie?

that movie's real cool!

Tim Lucas said...

Perhaps needful to say, "Matt" is Matt Cimber, who directed the first US hardcore sex film, MAN AND WIFE, around 1970. Interesting to find out that the King was on his and Jayne's Christmas card list!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Jayne was great and it was such a tragic thing that happened to her. This card is great isn't it???

Yes Jose, that is from Arthur Penn's NIGHT MOVES with Hackman. It is one of my all time favorite films and performances...I can just watch it over and over...thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Tim,
It has been so long since I read anything on Jayne that I had forgotten about Cimber's life after her. I wonder when Jayne ran into Elvis...I'm sure it was an interesting meeting.