Thursday, November 15, 2007

Roxy Music Archives Finally Hitting DVD


My vote for the most important archival music DVD release of the year streets at the end of this month in England. ROXY MUSIC: THE THRILL OF IT ALL promises to be an absolutely mind blowing double disc set featuring tons of rare television footage, and live work from their monumentally important career.
No word as of yet, that I can find anyway, on a US release but it appears that the discs will be all region so there hopefully won't be too many compatibility issues. To read the full press release, please click on the link above. While there, you can also vote to have Bryan Ferry knighted (I'd personally rather see him and his extraordinary group put into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame) and read a new interview with Phil Manzanera that mentions Brian Eno was indeed involved on all of the tracks for the upcoming Roxy Music release, their first studio album since
1982's AVALON. He also mentions that Roxy have been contracted to deliver not one, but three new studio albums.
Roxy Music are my all time favorite band, and I can't wait to get my hands on this collection.

4 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Great post. I have this DVD on my Xmas list. Good to see footage from The Old Grey Whistle Test is included. This was my fave TV programme, and featured some top performances from many bands and solo artists. Roxy have long been a drug of choice for me. Ferry really is a terrific vocalist. His In Your Mind album is a great work and tracks such as 'This Is Tomorrow Calling' send shivers down my spine.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
Wow, so nice to hear some nice words for IN YOUR MIND, a criminally underrated album. Spedding's guitar work is outstanding on there, and it features some of Ferry's most inventive songs. LOVE ME MADLY AGAIN is surely among his great tracks as well....
I am super psyched for this DVD, I hope it gets a release here in the States as Roxy have never been as prominent here as they should have been...

Lastyear said...

Roxy has always been a personal favorite of mine.One of the few benefits of living in the Detroit area has been that this has always been a good town for them and they have always played here on every tour.Plus Bryan always comes thru on his occasinal solo tour.Avalon has always been in my top ten since I first heard it.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I love Roxy Music. Brian Ferry has always been one of my idols, both with Roxy and solo. He has such an incredible voice and style. They've been one of those bands that I loved back a kid and I still feel the same way now as an adult.