Monday, December 17, 2007

This Week, Santa's Got A Brand New Bag


This week marks the one year anniversary of Moon In The Gutter, and to celebrate I am going to be paying tribute to one of my favorite actors, genres and films.
Pam Grier is a legend, and since coming on to the scene in the early seventies she has been one of the most unforgettable icons in modern cinema. All throughout this week I will be looking at the ladies career and some of her best films. This will allow me to look at the Blaxploitation genre, one of my favorites, and it will culminate in my look at my favorite Quentin Tarantino film JACKIE BROWN (which celebrates its ten year anniversary this Christmas). I hope everyone enjoys my upcoming posts on Pam and what is to my eyes Tarantino's best film.

I will post a new poll focusing on Pam's career shortly. Thanks for all of those who participated in last week's Elmore Leonard poll, and I hope my OUT OF SIGHT posts proved to be of some interest. Here are the results from last week:

BEST ELMORE LEONARD ADAPTATIONS:

1. JACKIE BROWN: 31 Votes
2. OUT OF SIGHT: 24 Votes
3. MR. MAJESTYK: 15 Votes
4. GET SHORTY: 11 Votes
5. 52 PICKUP: 9 Votes
6. TOUCH: 8 Votes
7. STICK: 6 Votes
8. BIG BOUNCE(69) 5 Votes
9. BIG BOUNCE(05) 4 Votes
10. BE COOL: 3 Votes
11. KILLSHOT: 2 Votes
12. MOONSHINE WAR 2 Votes

Thanks again to all who voted...

6 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I can't wait to see your blogging on Pam Grier. What a fantastic actress. I love the blaxploitation genre. I did enjoy her in Jackie Brown. I watched Original Gangstas again this weekend. I love that movie. Good luck with the blogs.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
She's awesome, hope you enjoy the upcoming posts...

Steve Langton said...

Happy birthday to a great blog! Look forward to your work on Pam. Good to read you rate JB as Tarantino's best to date. My wife and I would agree with you on thi. We both love the film.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
Glad to hear you and your wife share my enthusiasm for JACKIE BROWN. I think it is a fantastic work, and his best (and I really dig his other films as well)...hope you enjoy my upcoming posts...

Cinebeats said...

Happy anniversary Jeremy! I love your blog and I hope you'll be posting for many more years to come. Cheers!!

I'm also looking forward to your tribute to Pam, who I adore. I love her '70s films like Coffy (my favorite), as well as Foxy Brown, Black Mama White Mama, etc.

By chance I've been watching lots of blaxploitation lately and I've seen some great films in the past few weeks. There must be something in the air!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Kimberly,
Your support and friendship have meant a lot.
Hope you enjoy the upcoming Pam posts...I always get in a Blaxploitation mood this time of year for some reason!!
Thanks again...