Monday, January 28, 2008

Harry Moseby Confidential Opened For Business


As Moon In The Gutter has grown more and more in the past couple of months (I’ve seen the number of hits I am getting daily go from around 300 to more than 700) I am noticing that the people visiting seem to be attracted to the wide range of topics I cover ranging from more obscure foreign cinema to modern mainstream American work. It has been really reassuring to find that my all over the map tastes are shared by so many. I must admit though that the area of my interests that give me the most comfort is in the decade that brought me into this world, the 1970s.
So to give myself, and anyone who chooses to visit, a little seventies style sanctuary I have set up Harry Moseby Confidential. What exactly is this little new offshoot of Moon In The Gutter? Basically it is a spot dedicated to my love for the seventies. Here you will find older (and now revised) articles from Moon In The Gutter, pictures of some of my favorite people from the decade, songs, trailers and even clips of news events from the period that left a mark on me. I just started it over the weekend so right now it is fairly small but I am already feeling a sense of relief when I visit it.
So, if you dig the seventies and like the work I do here stop by Harry Moseby Confidential sometime. Think of it as a streamlined and much more specific stop than Moon In The Gutter.
Business will continue here as usual here and at Nostalgia Kinky and I really do appreciate all that continue to visit and comment. I suspect Harry Moseby Confidential will have a fairly limited crowd of visitors, which is totally fine. I have been a bit down and stressed lately and I just needed to set up a place to relax and remember. Hope it proves a pleasant stop.

7 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Great news. Another quality to blog to visit on a daily basis. I'll head on over there later today.

Mr. Peel said...

Holy cow, when do you sleep? I look forward to checking it out. After all, it's a decade that I love too!

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'm getting ready to head into work so I don't have time right now to check it out. It looks great though. I love the Gene Hackman stuff up there. He's one of my favorite actors of all time. Besides the 60's, I really dig the 70's. It's cool to see you start up another blog. Man, I don't know how you find the time to do so many blogs. Good luck with it. I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

Joe said...

Spin-offs are usually an indication that you've met with massive success, so this is great news indeed. I hope that Harry Moseby Confidential becomes the Good Times of the Internet spin-off.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
I hope you enjoy it...great pic of Joe as well.

Thanks Mr. Peel,
I go to school full time and work as well but I still manage some sleep. I hope you dig the new blog and that I cover some films from the period you like over there.

Thanks Keith...I know you are another child of the seventies like myself so I hope i can get some stuff over there you dig...

Thanks Joe,
That is one of the best compliments ever. Hope you enjoy it...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I just started checking out the blog. I posted some comments on the first couple of posts. I plan to check it out more. I already saw quite a few others that I'm interested in reading.

Cinebeats said...

Good grief Jeremy! I have no idea how you find the free time between work, school and life in general, but I'm impressed.

Does this mean you'll stop writing about '70s era films here? Those tend to be my favorite posts from you since my own interest tends to be rather retro centered.

I have a hard time keeping up with your output here and at the Kinski blog, but I've added the new link to my blogroll and I'll try to stop by when I can since it might end up being my favorite of all your blogs. I look forward to checking it out soon!