Thursday, March 6, 2008

Harry Moseby Confidential's Main Investigative Series Begins

Some of the rarest films in my collection belong to one of my most beloved genres, namely the Blaxploitation films of the seventies. While films like Shaft and Coffy have had a lot of attention devoted to them, dozens upon dozens of other equally inventive and important films have been unjustly overlooked. Today at Harry Moseby Confidential I have started a new series that I hope will be a prosperous one where I will be writing in detail on some of the forgotten and overlooked films of this genre. I will alert readers here to my posts on them and will probably create a badge to the side with direct links as well. I hope they prove interesting and stir up some word of mouth as many are not currently out on DVD.
The first I have looked at is Noel Nossack's 1978 film for American International Pictures entitled Youngblood starring Lawrence Hilton Jacobs from Welcome Back Kotter fame. The review is joined by some exclusive screengrabs from my personal copy and I hope everyone will stop by and give it a look.

1 comment:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I did enjoy your look on Youngblood. It's a film I had wanted to see. There are quite a few of these lesser seen blaxploitation films that I've never seen myself. There always seems to be more gem that I come across. There were so many cool films in this genre. I can't wait to see what else you post about. Plus I'm really enjoying the HMC blog.