Monday, May 26, 2008

Catherine Deneuve and Clint Eastwood Receive Lifetime Achievement Awards at Cannes


Congratulations to Catherine Deneuve and Clint Eastwood, both of whom just received a lifetime achievement award at this years Cannes Film Festival. I am glad to see two such deserving artists being honored in this way. I am also glad to hear that Eastwood's The Changeling received mostly good notices (as did its star Angelina Jolie) although it failed to take any of the top prizes. It's definitely among my most anticipated upcoming films.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I was thrilled for both Catherine and Clint. They both richly deserved to be honored in such a way. Two of the greats.

J.D. said...

Yeah, and Benicio del Toro won Best Actor for Steven Soderbergh's Che Guevara biopic. Can't wait for this sucker to hit theaters! Man, it really sounds interesting. Altho, I don't think we will ever see the version that played at Cannes.