Thursday, September 4, 2008

Operation Screenshot (Films of the 2000s): Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby (2004)

Million Dollar Baby 1

Million Dollar Baby 2

Million Dollar Baby 3

Million Dollar Baby 6

Million Dollar Baby 7

Million Dollar Baby 8

Million Dollar Baby 9

Million Dollar Baby 10

Million Dollar Baby 12

Million Dollar Baby 13


The King Of Cool said...

What a great film. The entire cast was amazing.

J.D. said...

I love the use of restraint in this film. Another filmmaker might have laid the emotion on thick with a trowel but this is a very understated film which doesn't manipulate you too badly. I'm really looking forward to Eastwood's next one with Angelina Jolie.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys,
I expected this to be one of my least popular choices and that looks to be the case. Like you JD, I can't wait for Clint's new one with Angelina as it looks terrific...

James Hansen said...

Have to say, this movie made me cry the first time I saw it, and, despite my typical problems with Haggis, I have none of the same problems with this. That may be because of Eastwood's slender direction...everything is so slight in form that some of the louder moments of the script remain masked and mysterious. This is a really wonderful film, no matter the haters out there! I am really looking forward to "Changeling"...I should get to see it at NYFF so stay tuned in early October for an early briefing (I'll probably hold on a full review of that until its larger release.) Nice choice here, as always!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks James,
Sorry about the delay in commenting back as I appreciate the nice words on this film.