Thursday, May 1, 2008

Joe D'Amato's Death Smiles On A Murderer Hits American DVD


Looks like one of my past 'Overlooked Classics" has hit Region 1 DVD for anyone interested. DVD Maniacs has a review of the DVD of Joe D'Amato's Death Smiles On A Murderer that can be read here. It sounds like Legend House have kind of botched the release visually but the commentary with Chris D. sounds interesting, although it would have been nice if they could have tracked down some of the folks connected with the actual film. Still, I am glad to see it becoming more readily available.
My look at the film can be found here.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This is one of his films that I've never had a chance to see. I definitely want to get the opportunity to check it out now.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...would love to hear your thoughts on it...

Robert Monell said...

Well, I disagree with their review, which also seems rather condescending to the film itself. For the price, it's worth getting. And I didn't much like the commentary.

My own thoughts are on

www.cinemadrome.yuku.com

ROBERT MONELL'S DVD REVIEW FORUM

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Robert...I disagree with the review as well but I guess that is apparent from my past review of the film...thanks for the info on the commentary. Doesn't really sound like this would be an improvement on the import Disc I already have....thanks again