Friday, May 23, 2008

The Return of Alejandro Jodorowsky


I noticed an incredibly exciting blurb over at Ode To Azia that Asia Argento has signed on to star in the new work from legendary filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky. The film, entitled King Shot, will mark Jodorowsky's first work in nearly twenty years and would have to be considered one of the most important returns of the decade. Others signed on to the David Lynch produced film are Nick Nolte, Udo Keir and possibly David Hess.
Jodorowsky's has had many projects fall through over the years but I really hope this film comes through as the modern cinema world could use the kind of beautiful madness that only Alejandro can give us.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This sounds like a great cast he has lined up. I can't wait to see this one.

Steve Langton said...

Marvellous news. Jodorowsky is a genius, and his Santa Sangre is in my all-time top 3. I feared he may never get to make another film and greatly look forward to this.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith and Steve...this has to be considered one of the most anticipated films of the decade. I hope it doesn't fall through...

Ed Howard said...

Yea, I'm really excited for this one as well. Also signed on is Marilyn Manson, who will apparently be playing a prophet or religious figure of some sort. Should be wild and insane.

When I read about this, the same article mentioned that Lynch and Werner Herzog were also going to work on directing a film together, which possibly overwhelmed even the Jodorowsky news as far as I'm concerned.