Thursday, December 4, 2008

Operation Screenshot (Films of the 2000s): Michael Haneke's Cache (2005)

Cache 1

Cache 2

Cache 3

Cache 4

Cache 5

Cache 6

Cache 7

Cache 8

Cache 9

Cache 10


Keith said...

This is a film I only recently watched. I saw it on one of the Encore channels. I loved it. I'm a big fan of Daniel and Juliette. Plus I love French films. Great shots.

Ed Howard said...

Awesome. Some interesting cap selections, too: I love that you walk through the suicide scene step by step, and include both the first shot and the last one. It's like watching the movie in stills.

This is going to be in my "Films I Love" series eventually, no doubt about it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Glad you got to see it and that you enjoyed the film.

Thanks Ed,
It's a great one isn't it? Can't wait for your post on it...thanks again.

James Hansen said...

Oh man. I'll always remember seeing this film at Telluride 05 and hunting down Haneke to talk with him (oh so briefly) one on one. Good memories all around and this is no doubt a great film. Easily in my top 5 or 10 of the decade. Haneke's film are always moody, but none has been as expertly crafted and executed as this one. Great choice.

Professor Brian O'Blivion said...

Thanks for the comment. Love your blog and love your Images posts from your favorite films. Really inspired me, thanks.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks James,
Thrilled to hear you value the film as well and that is amazing you got to meet him at a screening. Very cool story.

No problem Professor. I really enjoy your blog and really appreciate the support and comments here...thanks again and keep up the great work.

Kotto said...

saw cache in the theater and did not like it. i'm hot/cold with haneke. hate him for manipulating me, love him for challenging my expectations. i'll have to revisit this one.