Monday, February 9, 2009

M.I.A. on Region 1 DVD Tribute Month (Film 9) Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Walerian Borowczyk's La Marge (1975)

With the exception of Richard Loncraine's Full Circle, there is no other film I want to see on Region 1 DVD more than Walerian Borowczyk's 1975 film La Marge. I have written on the film starring Joe Dallesandro and Sylvia Kristel before and that article can be found here. Also, for those interested here are three older tributes I wrote on Borowczyk, Joe, and Sylvia.

Finally some of you are probably aware that for the past couple of years I have hosted a MySpace visual tribute to all things Sylvia Kristel. The page was a great experience as I found out I wasn't the only one who felt that the career of Sylvia Kristel was highly undervalued. It was also great hearing from a handful of people who had worked with and or met Sylvia in the past, and their memories were all extremely positive. However, I am frankly sick of all things MySpace, with their slow page loads, constant spamming problems and other annoyances becoming more of a pain than its worth, so I have decided to start moving the page here for those interested. It will be slow going as I have collected a lot of photos but eventually I will get the pics and articles moved over.


Keith said...

Hey Jeremy. I always remember how much you liked this film. I would love to see it on R1 DVD too.

So are you leaving MySpace altogether or just this one page?

I'll be sure to check out the new blog.

P.S. Not to spam you, but I did a post on the Edwige Fenech film "Case of the Bloody Iris" on my Sugar and Spice. I'll love it if you got the time to check it out. Thanks.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I am going to keep my personal account open due to some contacts I have through it but honestly I rarely check it anymore.
I will check your piece on that great Giallo shortly. Thanks!

Amanda By Night said...

I've only seen Sylvia in Private Lessons! Can you believe it? I need to catch up.

PL is some movie. I am completely disturbed by Eric Brown looking SO yound and Sylvia looking SO adult! Yet, I can't get rid of my copy. A part of me loves that movie so much. There will never be another cinematic decade like the 80s, with their crazy, (taboo breaking in some cases) teen sex comedies!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Amanda,
Private Lessons is not one fo Sylvia's shining moments but its hard to think of the eighties without remembering it! Check out some of her work in the seventies sometime if you get a chance. Thanks for the comments!

Ralph said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.