Monday, March 30, 2009

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Bo Arne Vibenius' Thriller: A Cruel Picture (They Call Her One Eye) 1974

Depressed and disappointed are the two words that describe my spirits right now. One of the main things causing these two feelings is the fact that I am going to have to miss Christina Lindberg's appearance at the Cinema Wasteland Convention this weekend. Last year when it was announced I promised myself I wouldn't miss it, but luck just hasn't been with me as of late and circumstances have made it an impossibility. Anyone who might be going who would want to become one of my instant best friends for life can hook me up with an autographed photo (by the way I am not joking, please spot a brother a picture) if they have it in their hearts.
To celebrate a historic appearance I must miss here is a tribute to Christina's most legendary film. Ingmar Bergman's one time assistant director Bo Arne Vibenius' Thriller - en grym film is still quite unlike any film ever made. Part hard exploitation film, part art-film and all around unique, Vibenius' film is one strange and disturbing experience. It's also totally unforgettable and much of this is due to Christina Lindberg's mesmerizing turn as One-Eye, surely one of the most iconic performances in all of modern cinema. Enjoy the stills and, once again, brighten a blogger's day next week with an inscribed photo from the unmatchable Lindberg.










5 comments:

Samuel Wilson said...

Between Thriller and Sex and Fury Lindberg bestrode the world in the 1970s. I can't help you but I hope you get that autograph.

Amanda By Night said...

I finally saw this movie just last year. She's the kind of actress you can't take your eyes off of.

I wish I was going to that con. I am sure someone here will help you out! Fingers crossed even!

The Green Shroud said...

I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, and this has urged me even more to check it out. Thanks!

Keith said...

I love Christina. She's amazing. I've seen her in two movies, Thriller and Sex & Fury. These images are great.

Steve Langton said...

Some nice shots there, Jeremy. Really sorry to read you can't travel for this one. Had to miss out on a ton of screenings myself due to the recession and various other factors and it's always a disappointment. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone manages to get you that signature.