Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Amy Heckerling's Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)


Fox said...

I love that still of the notebook that you posted. I never had the chance to hone in on it like I was able to after clicking on it.

All of the little details are a joy. The little "mr. hand" sub-heading on her page, the "good points/bad points" for Damone (I love how the bad points has "virgin?" in it) And then, of course, the drawing. Awesome.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Fox,
I love that shot as well...The film was incredibly well thought out by Heckerling and I think these shots reflect that. Thanks again.

J.D. said...

Heh, this film was on TV this morning as I was getting ready for work. It is still insanely watchable and it is amazing how many young actors went on to bigger things after this film. It also makes me wish that Sean Penn would do more comedies... well, good ones as SHANGHAI SURPRISE and WE'RE NO ANGELS certainly leave something to be desired.

Ned Merrill said...

Great set of images from a film that will always remain close to my heart. I echo the thoughts of others with regards to the details one can pick up in these stills. I confess to pausing the film on Stacy's notebook in the past so that I could read everything it says.

On the audio commentary, Cameron Crowe gives major props to OVER THE EDGE for its set decoration--particularly protagonist Carl's bedroom with all its rock and movie posters on the wall--this was the inspiration for Damone's room. The posters on his wall represent the artists that Heckerling wished she could have populated the soundtrack with (she lost out to the whims of exec producer/rock impresario Irving Azoff).

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much JD and Ned,
I love this film so much and I am glad to hear some more enthusiastic comments for it.