Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Great Video Store in the Sky: Joe D'Amato's Buio Omega (Beyond the Darkness)

beyondthedarknessfulldutchvideocover

I must admit that this scan has a special significance to me as this was the original Dutch cover that came with my first copy of this stunning film, which I got in the mid nineties from I think European Trash Cinema. The film is now thankfully available on an excellent special edition from Shriek Show, but I will always have nice memories of my original copy that came with this cover.

5 comments:

Will Errickson said...

Love this movie! The close-up of the woman eating pasta in red sauce literally made me vomit. Of course, I'd been drinking quite a bit that night, but man, that scene just killed me. Awesome.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Will,
I think this movie is astounding. Glad to hear from another fan.

Amanda By Night said...

I like this movie. I think it's not perfect, but the themes are really, REALLY strong. In the end, it's kind of a moving film. And that score! I have the CD and adore it!

Phil Neglected said...

See my in depth review of Buio Omega at Grim Horror!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks all...it's great to hear more thoughts on this bone chilling film. Phil, I will check that post and Amanda I am pretty much obsessed with that Goblin score. It's one of my favorites.