Friday, July 24, 2009

My Fantasy Criterion Collection: Volumes 4 and 5

Fantasy Criterion Collection Volume 4: Burt Reynold's Sharky's Machine

Ideal Specs for a Three-Disc Set

Widescreen Transfer Supervised by Burt Reynolds
Audio Commentary by Burt Reynolds
Audio Commentary by Charles Durning, Earl Holliman, Bernie Casey, Henry Silva
and Rachel Ward
Adapting Diehl: A Conversation with Gerald Di Pego
Gritty Sleek: A Conversation with Cinematographer William A Fraker
Crafting a Soundtrack: A Conversation with Al Capps
Rebuilding the Machine: Burt Reynolds Transitioning from the 70s to the 80s.
Delivering a Star: A Conversation with Rachel Ward
Outtakes and Deleted Scenes
Photo Gallery
Remastered CD Soundtrack
Bonus Book with Original Novel, Screenplay and Production Materials.
Bonus Fold-Out Double Sided Poster.

Fantasy Criterion Collection Volume 5: Richard Tuggle's Tightrope

Ideal Specs for a Two-Disc Set

Widescreen Transfer Supervised by Cinematographer Bruce Surtees.
Audio Commentary by Clint Eastwood and Richard Tuggle.
Audio Commentary with Geneviève Bujold, Dan Hedaya, and Alison Eastwood.
As Tight As Possible: Creating Tightrope.
Polarized: The Critical and Public's Reaction.
Outtakes and Deleted Scenes.
Bonus Book with Screenplay and Production Materials.


Tony Dayoub said...

As much as I'd love to buy Sharky's Machine in a Criterion edition, Jeremy, that one is a real pie-in-the-sky wish.

I'd settle for a decent anamorphic DVD for that flick and Johnny Handsome as you mentioned earlier this week.

Jeremy Richey said...

Yep, I know I am dreaming big here Tony but I figured, since it is purely fantasy, why not? Thanks for the comments!

Jessica R. said...

I'd like to see a release of Bagdad Cafe with all the trimmings.

Jeremy Richey said...

Hey Jessica,
I have never seen Bagdad Cafe so I will search it out on your recommendation! Thanks...

le0pard13 said...

Put me down as one who purchase either of these without question. In fact, I posted a retro piece on Sharky's Machine today. The film hasn't been treated well by the WB folk, at all. Thanks, Jeremy.