Sunday, December 27, 2009

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Roger Corman's "X" The Man With X-Ray Eyes (1963)


Bob Turnbull said...

I have GOT to get around to seeing this film...

I'm still bummed Corman won't get his award on the actual telecast - can you imagine a montage of clips of his stuff during the show?

The Vicar of VHS said...

I didn't think it would make the cut, but I always love the scenes in this one in the "office" where the paint on the sets is not only still wet, but visibly RUNNING from the windowpanes. Classic Corman economy, that. :)

colinr0380 said...


What a great film this was. I like that comment Stephen King made in his book written on horror films in the 80s that he imagined the final line of the film after Milland rips his eyes out of his head was a screamed "I can still see!"

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Bob,
I really hate that his award is not part of the broadcast cermony. It really bums me out and es that montage would have been incredible.

Thanks Vicar,
I had totally forgot about makes me love the film even more.

Thanks Colin,
That never seen moment at the end really haunts would have been perfect (but as it stands the ending here is pretty fabulous as well).

Will Errickson said...

Colin, you stole my comment! Ha. Cool movie, altho' I like my Ray Milland drunk and having the DT's!

(PS: when is King gonna write his followup?)

MovieMan0283 said...


(Hope you'll jump on board here)

I'm soliciting bloggers' favorites (of their own posts) for my year-end round-up at The Dancing Image. Here's the explanation (with a bit of a mea culpa):

Feel free to leave your own selection there - links to all submissions will be posted around the 30th, but I'll certainly be taking them after that too.

Thanks & happy new year!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Movieman for asking me to be involved. I will go through my posts and try to find three...thanks again and happy new years to you as well.