Monday, January 11, 2010

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Steve Kloves' The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989)


J.D. said...

Great choice, Jeremy! I love this film and revisit it often. There is something about the atmosphere and mood of this film that gets me every time. It is very tangible and one really gets a sense of place, helped considerably by the shooting on location. And what a great idea of casting the Bridges' bros. as musicians who've been playing together for far too long. I really wish that Kloves would direct another film. Sadly, the kind of films he probably wants to make would have to go the indie route. I just can't see a studio bankrolling a film like FABULOUS BAKER BOYS nowadays.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

fate said...

hey...I have only seen this film once.I do remember it well.a fine cast.I will look for this on dvd.
is this soundtrack available on cd?
Hey JD I think the studios would bank a film like this.low budget.

J.D. said...

With stars like Jeff Bridges and Michelle Pfeiffer, the budget would be significant unless they would be willing to take a pay cut to work with someone like Kloves. I guess it could happen but I don't think a studio would think that the film had many commercial prospects.