THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON EXPANDING AND REVISING SOME OF THE BEST PIECES FROM MOON IN THE GUTTER AT MY OFFICIAL SITE, NOSTALGIA KINKY. THIS NEW PROJECT CAN BE ACCESSED BY CLICKING THE PICTURE BELOW.

THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

Recent Posts from my Official Site

Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Behind the Scenes With My Favorite Actors: James Woods in Oliver Stone's Salvador (1986)

"I am a fucking weasel, there's no doubt about that. But think about this... If I went to church, I haven't been to church in thirty years, but if I went and I took confession, and with the communion together that'd be great! We could go to Archbishop Romero, you know he knows me, he likes me very much. I could become his Catholic worker, that'd be wonderful, I could get a little basket and collect coins..."






2 comments:

Jeffrey Goodman said...

I've only seen this movie once. But I remember it blowing me away. I was thinking often times during it, "How did they do that? And how are they maintaining this level of energy?" It's a really impressive work and maybe my favorite Stone film.

Unknown said...

Love this film! One of my fave James Woods performances, hands down. I read a great interview with him in FILM COMMENT many years ago where he shares some wild stories of filming/fighting with Oliver Stone during the making of SALVADOR but the results certainly speak for themselves.

Moon in the Gutter (Month By Month)

BLOG CREATED, EDITED and WRITTEN BY JEREMY RICHEY: Began in DEC 2006. The written content of all posts (excepting quotes from reviews, books, other publications) COPYRIGHT JEREMY RICHEY.