Thursday, September 30, 2010

Operation Screenshot (Films of the Sixties) Arthur Penn's Bonnie And Clyde (1967)

I've documented my longtime love-affair many times for Arthur Penn's Night Moves here and here, so I thought a tribute to his most landmark film in remembrance of his remarkable career would be fitting this morning. Bonnie and Clyde remains one of the most important works in film history and it was one of the pivotal works of my teenage years, during which I probably watched it close to twenty times or more.


Tony Dayoub said...

These are amazing. Your captures emphasize the more lyrical qualities of the film which showcase its French New Wave influence, a quality which sometimes gets lost in all of the discussions revolving around its sex and violence.

le0pard13 said...

Fine tribute to a avant-garde filmmaker, Jeremy. Put me down as another who really appreciates his wonderful neo noir film, NIGHT MOVES. Thanks for this.