Friday, January 25, 2013

Mondo Macabro Announces Five Alain Robbe-Grillet Films

 
The great Mondo Macabro label made a huge announcement yesterday that stands with the most exciting home-video related news in sometime.  Arriving later this year are five of the late Alain Robbe-Grillet's greatest films, Trans-Europe Express, The Man Who Lies, Eden and After, N Takes the Dice (the elusive alternate cut of Eden and After) and Slow Slidings of Pleasure.  While no extras have been announced as of yet, Mondo Macabro's blog has confirmed that these releases have been "painstakingly remastered in HD" and that a "BD or two may be a real possibility"!
I have a written a number of times here how much these films to me and have even included Eden and After and Slow Slidings of Pleasure in my screenshot series.  This news stands along with Distribpix's Henry Paris Collection, Kino-Redemption's Jean Rollin line and Mondo Vision's Zulawski sets as probably the most important archival releases in recent memory. 
Bravo Mondo Macabro!

2 comments:

Dick said...

This is the DVD (and hopefully blu-ray) news of the year. I've enjoyed your past blog posts on Alain Robbe-Grillet films. Thanks !

Stacia said...

Wow, exciting news! I'm just shocked, I hadn't heard this until now and I'm still struggling to believe it. Finally having a chance to see any and all of these is AMAZING.