Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who's That Lady?

Note: I have since changed the picture in teh template above, but invite you to please read my tribute to Mariana that is linked below.

I have gotten several emails in the past couple of weeks inquiring as to who the striking lady is that is currently gracing my template above. For those who don't know and are wondering, that is Italian actress Marina Pierro in a still from Walerian Borowczyk's THREE IMMORAL WOMEN. Pierro is best known for her wonderful work with Borowczyk, surely one of the great partnerships in all of modern cinema, and she can also be seen in Jean Rollin's unforgettable THE LIVING DEAD GIRL and briefly in Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA.
I wrote a bit on Marina early on in this blogs history so if anyone would like to read that tribute please click here.

Marina's official website has some of the most breathtaking pictures online and it is linked above as well. I plan on switching the template design pretty regularly but I must admit that this one hasn't even began to grow old yet. Thanks to the people who inquired.

1 comment:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I had wondered who she was. She is very strikingly beautiful. I love that picture. It's great seeing it whenever I pop on your blog. I'll have to look into finding out more about her.