Monday, May 12, 2008

"Paper Promises"

This past week, over seventeen years after I first entered an institute of higher learning, I finally graduated from college with a degree in English. Of course I wasn't in college all that time as a family issue derailed me over a decade ago but since returning a couple of years back I have dedicated myself to finishing that degree.
So now what? Not sure really...anyone got a job opening? Seriously though, right now I am just relieved to have that hurdle finally out of the way and I am attempting to actually be a little proud that I actually accomplished it.
I might not be totally through with school yet as I am thinking about going for another undergraduate degree, this time in History, in the fall but for the time being I am going to relax my mind for the first time in several months (this was a particularly hard semester), do some writing, some reading and try to maybe catch up with some friends that I lost contact with in the past couple of years.
Thanks to everyone who has put up with my posts the last month or so, as I I don't think they have been quite up to par. I hope to be offering up some higher quality ones this summer now that my mind can step away from papers, projects and tests.
Regular posting will begin here again tomorrow. In the meantime you can check out my recent articles at Nostalgia Kinky, How The Web Was Woven and Harry Moseby Confidential (where I am launching the first of what I hope will be many specific tribute weeks)if you are so inclined.
Thanks again for all that continue to visit and comment here on a daily basis. It is much appreciated.

9 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Hey Jeremy. Congrats! I'm so happy for you. That's great news. I wish you the best with whatever you do. Dude, you need to start some sort of business online and hire me. lol Good luck with your job search. I'm sure you'll find something.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...I really appreciate that. I am happy that I finally got through it.

Tim Lucas said...

Congratulations, Jeremy. I hope your accomplishment serves you well.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tim for your support, stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. Always great to hear from you here.

Steve Langton said...

Warm congratulations on graduating and all the very best for the future. I think all your posts, without exception, are of a very high standard, and I look forward to reading your posts on here and on your other blogs.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Steve,
Your support has been greatly appreciated here and I hope you keep enjoying the blogs...

Cinebeats said...

Congrats Jeremy! I hope the future hold good things in store for you whatever you may decided to do.

Mr. Peel said...

Congratulations to you on graduating, it's a fantastic achievement! And all the best wishes to you for anything that the future may hold.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly and Mr. Peel for the very warm wishes, and for being so supportive here.