Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fulci's The Beyond Set for Re-Release

beyond_cvr

Lucio Fulci's classic L'aldilà (The Beyond) is coming back out on a remastered DVD from Grindhouse at the end of the month here in the States. The disc will contain all of the features from the out of print Anchor Bay disc as well as a rare interview with Fulci on the set and some interviews with the cast and crew.
Grindhouse will also be releasing their long awaited special edition of the rather insane Pieces at the same time. I'll be happy to add it and another copy of Fulci's masterful film to my collection.

9 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

I love The Beyond. That sounds awesome. I'm also a fan of Pieces.

J.D. said...

I have the original Anchor Bay tin of THE BEYOND so this new one will have to have some seriously decent upgrades in transfer and extras for me to double dip. Still, a great film nonetheless.

Steve Langton said...

Excellent news. I had to sell my tin box a couple of years ago, and I'm delighted this film will be available again.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys...the new interviews are enough to sell me on this disc as it is one of my favorite films.

FROM THE EYES AND EARS OF FOTOG INK said...

I loves me some THE BEYOND. I too lost all my tin sets, dvd's and hell - LASERDISCS when the crap hit the fan in Detroit - economy wise.
I can't wait to get a new copy. GREAT website btw. I make a stop daily now !

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks 'From the eyes'
Much appreciated...I am glad the film is going to be available again for people to have in their collections. It remains a stunner...

Kotto said...

visually this is one of the best horror films ever made. it might not be the most well made (atypically fulci) but it surely inspired every makeup/special fx artist in the biz. looking fwd to updating my battered vhs copy.

Colin said...

Great news, though I'm not sure I'll be updating this time, already having the tin box version and the double bill edition where The Beyond was packaged with The House By The Cemetery!

Looking forward to Pieces though!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kotto and Colin for the continuing comments. I will be curious to see if the disc is visually an upgrade to the older Anchor Bay disc.
I'm also looking forwrad to PIECES...a film I have only seen once via the old VHS version.