Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homeboy is Finally Coming to DVD

J.D. LaFrance over at the always awesome Radiator Heaven was kind enough to let me know that the essential Mickey Rourke film Homeboy is finally heading to Region 1 DVD. According to this link, Lionsgate is putting out a Widescreen version of the film at the beginning of September.
The astonishing success of The Wrestler has no doubt caused this DVD and the news has frankly made my day. Apparently the release is going to be sadly bare-bones as far as extras go, but at least it is going to be Widescreen unlike the recent Johnny Handsome release (speaking of a film needing the special edition treatment). My look at Homeboy for those interested can be found here.


J.D. said...

Yeah, I can't wait for this sucker. I'd like to have some extras (obviously) but I'm just glad its being release AND widescreen no less. As you say, now if they would only do that for JOHNNY HANDSOME.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks again for letting me know about it JD. Now, where is bloody Johnny Handsome in a great quality widescreen print???