Friday, August 27, 2010

Announcing my Paul Thomas Anderson Blogathon and Tribute-Month



It’s hard to believe but we are coming up on the fifteenth anniversary of Hard Eight, the daring first film that introduced us to writer/director extraordinaire Paul Thomas Anderson. In the decade and a half since his first feature, Anderson has given us some of the greatest modern American films in memory. While his output (five features, a handful of shorts and music videos) has been relatively small, the films and characters P.T.A. has brought us have become incredibly iconic and special to many...myself included. I have wanted to do something special in connection to P.T.A. for awhile so, considering how rich and densely populated his work is, I am going to be holding a month long tribute here throughout September.
To go along with my own tributes I am jumping back in to the whole Blogathon craze (my first venture in since my M.I.A. on DVD month back in early ’09). So, starting on September 13th and ending on September 19th, I am asking for any and all submissions concerning P.T.A., his films, his characters, soundtracks and actors…namely anything you might connect, good or bad, with the work of Paul Thomas Anderson. Submissions can be as long or as short as you’d like and they can be new or old, so feel free to dust off an older article that you have written if you care to. Ideally I would like to publish your complete pieces here (and, of course, you can post them at your own blog as well) and link back, but if you prefer I use just a snippet with a link back that is fine as well. Feel free to start emailing me (my email is located under the "About Me" tab in the upper left corner) your submissions or links as soon as you will like but I won't post them until that week of the 13th.

Even if you choose not to submit I hope that you might grab one of these nifty banners for me and place them somewhere on your site to alert anyone who might be interested in contributing. I’m looking at this as a way to not only celebrate all things P.T.A. but also to increase traffic to your sites and mine and make some new blogging buddies as well.













September is a milestone month for me as it is my last month as a single man (I am getting married in early October) and I wanted to make it a special one so a blow-out tribute to my favorite modern filmmaker seemed fitting. I hope to get many contributions and make my own tributes among the best things I have ever done in awhile…thanks and I hope many of you will participate.

14 comments:

Hans A. said...

Snagged a banner Jeremy to put up on my site. I hope I can write something up. Congrats on your wedding! Super awesome.

Jeremy Richey said...

Awesome...thanks so much Hans for posting a banner and for the kind wedding wishes. I do hope you will contribute something. Thanks again!

Tony Dayoub said...

Your banner is already up on my site. I hope to give you a piece on THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

Congratulations on the nuptials!

Jeremy Richey said...

Terrific Tony...thanks! I am hoping ideally to get multiple posts on each film. I think it would be fascinating comparing different viewpoints on them. I look forward to your piece and thanks for posting the banner and wedding wishes.

Also, I am going to get you something for your Cronenberg week (which I made sure I didn't clash with for this one).

Mike Lippert said...

Good idea. I lobe PTA as well and do in fact have pieces on him. I'll e mail them and throw up a banner very soon.

Congrats on the marriage as well.

Neil Fulwood said...

Jeremy, congratulations and best wishes for the impending nuptials.

I'm proudly displaying the banner on my blog and you can definitely count me in for a review of 'There Will Be Blood'.

Jeremy Richey said...

Awesome Mike and Neil! I really appreciate the comments and am excited to hear you both will hopefully contribute. Thanks again!

Steve Langton said...

Just put a banner up, Jeremy. It's a great idea and I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on this brilliant filmmaker.

Warmest congratulations on your impending marriage. Wishing you both many years of good health and happiness.

Jeremy Richey said...

Awesome Steve...thank you! I hope you might consider submitting a piece as well. Either way, thanks so much for putting up a banner.

J.D. said...

Congrats, Jeremy! Count me in for this blogathon. I've posted one of your awesome banners on my blog.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much JD,
I appreciate that and am really looking forwrad to your submission. I'm trying to figure out which Carpenter film to write on for yours as well!

Ratnakar said...

Hi Jeremy, already posted this on my Blog. And have a piece on There Will Be Blood, which i sent to you. Will see if I can give something on Boogie Nights or Punch Drunk Love.

And yeah congrats on your wedding.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Ratnaker,
I appreciate that and will look forwrad to your submission. Thanks again!

Jeremy Richey said...

Also, Ratnaker,
I just posted a benner for your Ridley Scott blogathon. Good luck with it!