THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON EXPANDING AND REVISING SOME OF THE BEST PIECES FROM MOON IN THE GUTTER AT MY OFFICIAL SITE, NOSTALGIA KINKY. THIS NEW PROJECT CAN BE ACCESSED BY CLICKING THE PICTURE BELOW.

THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

Recent Posts from my Official Site

Saturday, July 4, 2026

Jean Rollin On Magritte's Influence on Le Frisson des Vampires

The painterly quality much of Jean Rollin's best work has is no accident, as you can see from the still and quote by Rollin below taken from the audio commentary of of Encore's excellent Thrill of the Vampires set.

Magritte

"At the time I was inspired by Magritte's paintings, and at some point I wanted to recreate one...One of his is called Madame Recamier de David. It represents an elaborate coffin on a Recamier couch."

Le Frisson des Vampires Magritte shot

No comments:

Moon in the Gutter (Month By Month)

BLOG CREATED, EDITED and WRITTEN BY JEREMY RICHEY: Began in DEC 2006. The written content of all posts (excepting quotes from reviews, books, other publications) COPYRIGHT JEREMY RICHEY.